Have you seen this? You must view this. It’s about the major gym renovation by the City of Huntsville which is producing the incredible multi-sport, multi-activity Johnson Legacy Complex (JLC) and it’s opening next week!
Did you notice the volleyball nets? The futsal lines on the floor? There will be three volleyball and two futsal courts in the middle of the JLC – no other sports’ lines.
The North Alabama FUTSAL League (NAFL) will be there on opening day to bring Huntsville and vicinity the great sport of futsal; that’s short for futbol sala or soccer indoors. Fall and winter activities being planned are:
- FALL SEASON. Both futsal courts will be used from 5:30 to 7:30pm on Fridays Sept. 11 thru Oct. 23 to provide the following activities:
- FUTSAL ACADEMY. Youth futsal academies, which include futsal specific coaching and playing futsal with a referee to facilitate games. Free t-shirts.
- FUTSAL TIME. Single hour sessions of youth playing futsal with concise teaching of the basic futsal rules and a referee to facilitate games.
- INDOOR TIME. Single hour sessions of youth training by a team-provided coach on a futsal court using provided futsal balls – soccer balls discouraged. They may play futsal or soccer or just do agility, speed, etc. training. No referees provided.
- ADULT PICKUP GAMES. One to two hours adult pickup futsal games in any time left over from youth activities.
- FUTSAL PLAY DATES. Possibly games between Huntsville futsal teams and Birmingham futsal teams, if there is interest.
- TRYOUTS. The fall season should also be viewed as tryouts for the winter futsal season.
- FALL TOURNEY. Called “All Hallows Edge” Futsal Tournament, a quick, two-day, shortened-half set of games for just two or three youth divisions on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 30 & 31, Halloween. Registered participants in Futsal Academies get to participate at no additional cost. Others may register at a cost TBA. Teams who register for the winter season get a discount for this tournament.
- WINTER SEASON. A regular season of games with standings kept and division winners rewarded. Play starts in November, adults on Wednesdays and youth on Fridays, runs the usual November through January. If interest exists, a second winter session may be conducted in Feb. and March.
- STATE FUTSAL CUP. With the new JLC and the other recently sanctioned youth futsal leagues in Birmingham, Trussville, Montgomery and Mobile now is the year to start hosting a state cup. Courts reserved Thursday thru Sunday, December 17-20th. This should become the climax, every year, of indoor soccer in Alabama.
NOTE: All NAFL activities will follow the league’s COVID-19 Preventive Actions Plan viewable on nafutsal.com.
Read more details about the league and this fall’s and winter’s futsal seasons at any of the following. Contact the league with any questions you might have.
Consider signing up on the Mailing List at http://eepurl.com/bmhTz9 (Mailchimp)