Assuming it will be safe to play a 5v5 sport soon, plans have been made to resume league activities for what will be the 7th summer season of the North Alabama FUTSAL League, with the same great season of games for adult teams, same fun academies for youth players PLUS a NEW preseason 4v4 futsal tournament:
- “The Mighty Fours” Futsal Tournament at Liberty Middle School on May 16/17 Weekend (Saturday & Sunday)
- Youth Futsal Academies (separate sessions for younger and older players) at Optimist Recreation Center
- Adult Open Division teams and Women Division teams separately playing series of games and competing for division titles at Oakwood University and then at the new Johnson Legacy Center when it opens mid-June.
All will play once per week usually.
While in the middle of a soccer hiatus due to the coronavirus outbreak, you cannot wait until it’s over to start thinking about the summer futsal season. Registration to play in the North Alabama FUTSAL League opens next week and ends May 24th. Summer season games begin June 3rd and continue through June and July. More specifically:
The Mighty Fours 4v4 Futsal Tournament for adults
- Saturday & Sunday, May 16 & 17, at Liberty Middle School in Madison
- All teams play 3 to 5 games each
- Limited Participation: Only 2 or 3 divisions of four teams each supported
- Big trophies and medals awarded
YOUTH ACADEMIES 10-12 years old, called the Rumba Div, and 13-15 years old, called the Tango Div.
- Begin: June 8th (Mon) and June 11th (Thu) and continue for six Mondays/Thursdays
- Times: 6:00 – 8:00 PM each night
- Location: Optimist Recreation Center, 703 Oakwood Ave, Huntsville, AL 35811 – conveniently one block off of I-565, Exit 20
- Last day: July 16th
- Begin: June 3rd (Wed) and continue on Wednesdays in June and July
- Kickoffs: 6:30, 7:40 and 8:50 PM
- Location: Oakwood University, initially and then the new JLC after it opens
- Divisions: Champions Division, Division I and possibly a Women’s Division
- Awards: Division Winners, Golden Boot and Golden Glove
Apr 20 (Mon) – Summer Futsal Season Registration Opens
Apr 22 (Wed) – Registration Event and Q&A at pavilion by Optimist Rec. Center, 7:30 – 8:30 PM. Social distancing will be respected.
May 3 (Sun) – Last Day for Early Bird Discounts (adult teams, 10% discount on team fee)
May 24 (Sun) – DEADLINE for Adult Team Registration
May 16/17 (Sat/Sun) – The Mighty Fours Futsal Tournament
June 3 (Wed) – START OF ADULT SEASON
June 8 (Mon) – START OF YOUTH ACADEMIES
NOTE: If the coronavirus pandemic is not curbed significantly in Madison and Limestone counties weeks prior to resumption of futsal games, delays of 2 and 4 weeks will be made in the above schedule as alternate plans B and C have been developed for such. If a delay of 5 weeks becomes necessary, the summer season will be cancelled and fees will be refunded.
See Calendar and Registration pages on www.nafutsal.com for full and most current details.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why play futsal? Great soccer superstars such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi grew up playing futsal and credit futsal with developing their acquired skills. See their credited benefits to futsal. If you want to be a very talented soccer player then you should play futsal too.
Please share this news story and/or print the following flyers to share these opportunities with others, especially youth soccer coaches.
Learn more at http://www.nafutsal.com/ and stay informed by following any/all of the following:
Plus Mailing List at http://eepurl.com/bmhTz9 (Mailchimp)